The most common question our clients ask is “How do I qualify for a voucher?”
When you come into our office to see if you qualify, we will need the following items.
- Current Tax return OR your current assistance award letter(s) (social security, SSI, SSD, Disability), OR paystubs OR W-2’s
- For those who receive Food Stamps and/or TANIF you MUST bring in the letter the State of New Mexico has awarded you.
- For college students who are still claimed on their parent’s tax return you MUST bring in your parent’s taxes also
- A photo ID – You must be a resident of Doña Ana County
- Your co-payment in CASH: $30 cat/$40 dog.
We qualify clients based on HUD guidelines as follows:
|Number of Persons in Household||Annual Income|
|5 Person||$ 46,400|
The SNAP office is open Tuesday thru Friday from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. No appointments are necessary and we don’t break for lunch so, feel free to just come on in! It takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare an authorization and voucher.
If you are unable to come to the SNAP office during business hours, the mail in application can be downloaded from the menu to the left, you may call the office and a bi-lingual application will be mailed to you with instructions.