Qualifying For Low Cost Spay Neuter

Currently Due to New Mexico’s Public Health Emergency and guidance provided by the State of New Mexico and the Center for Disease Control to minimize contact with others, SNAP is accepting applications BY MAIL ONLY until further notice. 

Please read the following to see if you income qualify for SNAP – See HUD Guideline Table below. You MUST include income verification with your mail in application. To see what documents you will need refer to the Documents Table below. If you do not have access to a printer, please call us and we will mail you an application.

Please download, print and fill out our ” Low Cost Mail In Application” from the menu. If you have any question feel free to call us at 575-624-9265. Although we are not currently taking clients we will be in our office receiving and returning phone calls Tuesday through Friday 11-3.

Documents To Include With Applications For Low Cost Spay/Neuter

When you mail your application into our office, we will need you to include the following items along with your mail in application:
1. If you filed a Federal Tax Return make sure to include a copy of ONLY the pages that show you and/or your dependents and the Adjusted Gross Income (Line 8B). This is typically the first two pages. If you do not file a Tax Return, please make a copy of the following that apply to you and all members of your household: Award letter(s) from Social Security, SSI, SSD, W2 or pay stubs.
2. If you receive Food Stamps / TANF / HUD you will need to make a copy of the first page of your award letter and included them in your mail in application. These pages must show how much you receive.
3. A photo copy of your ID
4. Your co-payment in a Money Order:
$40 Per cat
$60 Per dog
If you have any questions please feel free to contact SNAP at 575-624-9265 between the hours of 11-3 Tuesday - Friday.

College Students

SNAP may qualify Self-Supporting students under the following conditions:If either of the following conditions exist, the student must be qualified under the parents' household income
Student is not claimed on parents' taxes
Student does not live with parents.
Student is claimed on parents' income taxes
Student lives with parents


Number of people in
Total annual
1 Person $ 34,650
2 People $ 39,600
3 People $ 44,550
4 People $ 49,500
5 People $ 53,500
6 People $ 57,450
7 People $ 61,400
8 People $ 65,350